more 4-2 troubles on a DF140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more 4-2 troubles on a DF140

Ok boys.....I have a pickle I hope someone can give some direction to. I got the 4-2 error last year, been trying to work on it for months but New England weather didn't cooperate. Just getting to trouble shoot and have been doing a lot of reading on this. yes there seems to be a patch on "the plug issue" and I think it needs some touch up, not sure if that will play into any of what I'm experiencing. So here is what I found, I Ohmed out the CKP sensor that the guide tells me is bad. It has 203.5 Ohms which by what I'm reading is withing spec. I have another engine that has no error (yet) and it Ohm out exactly the same. Screws on both engines CKP sensors are seized so swap-tronics is not an option right now. But here's what's new and interesting.....When I start the engine with the 4-2 error, it starts and runs for about 2-4 seconds then dies out and begins to beep at me (the 4-2 code). When I disconnect the CKP sensor and start the engine it starts and runs pretty good but beeps a single beep at me every 3-5 seconds, but it stays running.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Any advice? I would hate to have to drill out the screws for this sensor just to find out it's not the problem.

Thanks for any and all help!,
    Mike
Working...
X