Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF60 Beeping

Hi,
    I recently inherited a flatbottom with a 2005 Suzuki 60 horsepower four stroke outboard with a steering counsel. Having not known the history of the motor, I changed the oil and filter before taking it out for the first time. The throttle cables were extremely tight as well, so I replaced those with new. I put it in the water and started right up and ran perfectly. After a few minutes, the case with the throttle began beeping. It's a beep about a second long and it beeps about every 10-15 seconds. Motor does not appear to be running hot and it's peeing water. Ran it for maybe 15-20 minutes and the beeping stopped. Took it out the next day, and it began the same beeping sequence right away, but stopped again after maybe 20 minutes. I called a dealer and they said it could be a simple check engine alarm or oil change alarm that needs to be reset. I tried resetting by turning the key to the "on" position without starting it and pulling out and pushing in the kill switch three times. didn't work. I'd like to avoid taking it to a Suzuki dealer if at all possible as the closest dealer is over an hour away. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by bwoods14; 06-14-2016, 04:08 PM.
Working...
X