Code 3-1 and alarm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 3-1 and alarm help

Pair of DF175 2012 models: After replacing control cables on both engines, and replacing the shifter bushings (nylon) I am getting a 3-1 check engine code on my port engine. It will go away after a few minutes but will reappear along with the alarm each time I start the engine. The engine will start in neutral, will not start in forward or reverse and has no other indication other than this alarm on the gage along with the check engine symbol. I replaced the neutral safety switch at the engine anyway - NO CHANGE. I tore down the binnacle shifter again and cannot seem to see anything out of place or order there. I tried to do the idle speed adjust (no reason to other than to hopefully reset the computer) - Engine Idles at 650 already. With the engine warm and idling at 650 - I turned the ignition key to start 5 times within 10 seconds (starter doesn't engage because the engine is running) - and for whatever reason the engine does not seem to go into the idle adjust mode. There is supposed to be a warning horn that goes off to let you know it is in the mode... mine does not. Seeking advice from those who have been here before. i love my suzuki's and have never had any problems - I am wondering here.... What did I screw up?
Working...
X