engine bucks at higher speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine bucks at higher speed

hi folks,new to the forum,looks like a lot of knowledge here,and greatly appreciate your input.anyways,i have a 2011 df 175.great engine,i noticed however,on my way out to some offshore fishing,maybe a mile or so,it stalls check the fuel line bulb,and it soft.pump and pump the primer bulb,to no avail.brand new fuel line and bulb.i look hi and low to trouble shoot.even tried siphoning some fuel from the tank to fill fuel line,it ran briefly and same problem,soft bulb.we then checked the water separator,it came loose somehow.retightened,and was then able to get a prime.off we go,brought the motor up to about 4000rpms,and it started losing rpms and bucking.checked the primer bulb,and it was hard. more troubleshooting.took a sample of the fuel from the gas tank,it appeared to be water free.removed vst tank and inspected inside,looked new,screen was good too,but we hit it with some carb cleaner,and removed hs fuel pump.ordered a new one,not at the dealer since theywanted 379.00.ordered one on ebay for 70.00.is this the likely culprit?have'nt checked the injectors yet,oh it runs great from idle to around 4000 rpm's.thank you.
Working...
X