Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 DF115A Low Voltage/White Wire?

Hello-

Long time creeper, first time poster. I have a 2017 DF115A that died on me. I was at idle shifted to neutral then shifted to reverse and the engine cut out. I shifted the throttle back to neutral and tried to restart, gauge stated "low voltage", no clicking or noise from engine. Trim at helm doesn't work but all the gauges work, when key is turned and system check is run no codes pop. Trim on the engine doesn't work either. After I was towed back to the ramp I replaced the battery (old one was 3 years old and after testing was close enough to bad that I replaced) and I put a new terminal end on the white wire. 15 amp fuse on the white wire looks good. Still no go. I wiggled the bullet connector for what I believe is the white wire inside the cowling and the trim switch at the engine started to work intermittently, when I turn the key I still get a low voltage warning and no noise from the engine. When I hit the trim at the engine (and it doesn't work) I can sometimes hear light clicking from the relays on the port side.

What I think is the white wire under the cowling looks clean, but I haven't tested resistance across the whole wire. If the ECU was bad would the self check comeback with no error? I have heard that if the white wire is bad the remote trim wont work but the trim on the engine should still work. Any ideas? Right now it takes 3 weeks to get my engine "looked at" at the nearest Suzuki mechanic. I am fairly competent when it comes to engines and electronics so I am not too worried about attempting it my self but my concern is that the engine is still under warranty and any repair I make might look like I screwed up the ECU (if in fact the ECU is dead)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

V/r,

Chris
Working...
X