Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT25 Sputtering at WOT

Hi All,

I have a mid 90's (I believe it is a 1994) DT25. This has been a fantastic outboard for me for the past several years. Recently I took the boat out, once I opened it up, just after I got up on plane the motor started to sputter. almost as if it was not getting enough gas? Idiling, and slow trolling, there were no issues, even at mid throttle I did not experience issues. It was only at WOT or close to WOT, that the sputtering would occur. I was only able to maintain ~18MPH, when I am typically closer to ~ 23MPH just under wide open.

I checked the spark plugs, and they all look fine (they were replaced ~3yrs ago). My next guess is maybe a carb clean? Does anyone have an idea of what may be causing this, and where I should focus my efforts? I thought it was strange that it only occurred at full speed. If it is a carb clean issue, would a can of seafoam work, or does it need to be a full clean? Also wondering if maybe it is a fuel filter issue? I am not the most mechanically inclined, but like to learn/do what I can.

Thanks in advanced, I appreciate the help.
Working...
X