2003 DF90 - Trim gauge and setting the idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 DF90 - Trim gauge and setting the idle

Finished rebuilding a 2003 DF90 and had it out on the lake today, runs beautiful.

2 issues I'm still working on....

1) I am trying to set the idle, but cannot get it into the mode to set it. I read you start the engine, run the idle air bypass screw out until it is over 1000 rpm for like 10 seconds, then you get a long beep followed by short beeps to let you know it is in the idle set mode.

The idle switch is activating in neutral, but I cannot get it to start the idle set mode. I DO still have a 3-2 error, but it may be caused by the IAC fighting the over-open air screw. The engine is running perfect above idle, but rough at idle. Will the engine go into the idle set mode if there is a check engine code, and am I using the proper method?

It is possible it is a bad IAC, which would cause the code and idle issue. Just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas to test.

2) We had the trim wired up. Gauge is just a general Faria trim gauge. Signal, then 12v from the key, and ground. The trim was reading reversed, up when down, ect. Played with the wires and may have accidentally shorted 12v to the signal wire. Now I get nothing on two different Faria trim gauges other than a flicker. Does this sound like the trim sender was blown out?
Working...
X