Dual Battery System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Battery System

Hi, I have a 2015 Blue Wave 2200 PureBay with a 2015 Suzuki DF 150 SS. It was originally rigged with a PERKO switch with "2" "ALL" "1" "OFF" positions. I am thinking about installing "Blue Seas 7610 Dual Battery System", which includes the switch and their SI-ACR Automatic Charging Relay.

Currently, on the PERKO, the "white wire" the "bilge" and "ACC BUS BAR" are all connected to the "common post".

1. Is it worth the time and $ to replace the original PERKO system with the Blue Seas System only to provide for charging both "house" and "starting " batteries when the engine is running? Or is it just ok to switch the PERKO over to "ALL" to charge both batteries when the engine is running?

2. If I install the Blue Seas System, (a) should I connect the "white" wire directly to a "+" battery post or thru the switch? And, which battery, the "house" or the "starting" battery? (b) should I connect the "bilge" to the "house" or the "starting" battery?

3. The Blue Seas System provides and optional "Start Isolation (SI) connection to automatically disconnect when the starting circuit is engaged. This feature prevents starting currents from flowing thru the ACR. This connection is made thru the key switch to the starter solenoid wire, which I think is the "brown wire" at the key switch. Is this correct?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

George
Working...
X