Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing fuel lines DF70A, easy or difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing fuel lines DF70A, easy or difficult?

I bought a boat in August of 2019 that had a 2017 DF70A with 1/2 hour on it. The PO had bought the boat and then decided to sell it after refurbishing it and getting a new outboard. I put about 150 hours on the outboard with no problems and then last fall I had a problem with fuel overflow from the tube on the VST. I took it to the shop in DECEMBER of 2020. In FEBRUARY they found some gunk in the chamber and cleaned it out. Then when I went to change the oil before the new season, I started to motor and had the same leak. So I took it back to the shop, and a month later they gave it back after changing the Raycore filter. Then a couple weeks later I had a chance to take the boat out and after an hour the same leak started again.

So I took it back to the shop, they said they would change the fuel lines, and there it has been sitting for three weeks.

Lingcod season starts May 1. How hard is it to change these lines myself? I'm a reasonably good mechanic and I downloaded the manual.

Thanks.
Working...
X