Oil injection leak down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil injection leak down

Hello, I have a 1985 Suzuki dt65. The motor is new to me and otherwise is running pretty good. I am trying to get the oil injection system to the point where I feel comfortable with it, as they seem to be well regarded. The pump appears to be pumping fine and i have replaced the hoses and cleaned all the inline check valves (except the ones mounted into the crankcase and intake). However....

On the top cylinder, the oil struggles to pump past the crankcase valve. Today, I filled the hose between the crankcase and the intake with oil and ran it, and it seemed to pump fine. But after the motor was off for a bit, I could see the oil very slowly draining back down the line into the crankcase. It eventually will empty the hose between the crankcase and intake.

On the middle cylinder, the oil will not pump past the crankcase, presumably because it is pumping directly into the crankcase. I also filled the line in between the intake and crankcase and it drained the volume of the hose into the crankcase in about 20 seconds.

The bottom cylinder oil line seems to behave equivalent to the top cylinder line.

I have to think that the system leak down into the crankcase would A. Create a surplus of oil sitting in the bottom of the crankcase and a deficit at the top which would be waaaay out of appropriate mix ratio upon starting, and then the system would be starved of oil until the lines were pumped full again, which may be after all the oil in the crankcase has been burned off. Yes/No? Btw, I have been running premix until I get this ironed out.

Question #1 Are any of those lines working correctly? I struggle to think that those lines bleeding down into the crankcase or pumping oil directly into the crankcase is the proper way for it to function?
    Question #2 If my suspicion that none of them are working correctly and that they should not allow oil into the crankcase, do I need to take them out and replace or clean them?
    Question #3 What is the best way to get them out. I have given mine a good firm wiggle, and they are in there pretty solid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Working...
X