Suzuki shift position sensor how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki shift position sensor how to

I had alot of trouble installing the shift position sensor on my 2006 df 225 so i wanted to share the trick to installing since i cant find the correct method anywhere online or in a manual.
    the sensor is spring loaded and the sensors spring it what returns the plastic spline that drives the sensor itself. My sensors return spring went bad to this caused a fault code on my gauge and a constant beep code. But the motor still worked fine.
    SO the trick is that the sensor has to be installed with the engine off and in reverse gear and also you must turn the plastic drive spline on the engine that drives the sensor to the beginning position, which is counterclockwise. This will allow the sensor's spring to be loaded by the spline when you go to neutral and forward and then the sensor's spring will return the spline when you go back to reverse gear direction.
    there is also a harness you can buy to make small adjustments and check your voltage in each gear but i was able to do it without this. Any questions let me know because i had to take the whole throttle cable assembly apart and out of the engine to figure this out lol. Hope my findings will help someone out. Good luck. Screenshot_20210609-054410_Gallery.jpg
    Attached Files
    Starts
    08-19-2021
    Ends
    08-19-2021
Working...
X