Problem with BCM calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with BCM calibration

I'm having a problem with being able to calibrate the BCM. Don't know if it's the bcm or another issue. A little history Finished the rebuilds on the 2, 2013 DF300 AP's, they run great! I had to jump out the engine wiring harnesses and use remote starter switch. I can read the ecm's off of both motors, only code DBW. when I attempt to read configuration on the bcm it loops and won't read. It initializes and shows the
    correct bcm model number, then just loops. About a month ago when I finished the first motor I was able to go direct with the main cable to the motor, not using the dual engine harness, and get in initialize, calibrate, and adapt the levers, all good. Finished up the second motor, connected the dual harness with both motors connected and gauges went a little haywire flashing. Turns out blown main fuse on the second motor. Eventually traced it down to a coil hot wire that had gotten pinched to ground when the coil was tightened down. Repaired that. I bought, and returned, 2 "new opened" bcm's off of Ebay, same problem
    keeps on looping. Now, is it possible the "new other" bcm's were garbage? definitely, however I would prefer not to drop $400+ if this unit is good.

I purchased the 4 pin, 26 pin, and the 34 pin test harnesses to rule out something else being wrong. All voltage tests seem fine using the manual with the exception of the 4 pin test connector for the LPS test.
    The left binnacle lever tests fine with the 4 pin test connector(voltages correct) Main and Sub. and also when checking LPS Main and Sub at the BCM using the 26 and 34 pin test harnesses. The right binnacle lever LPS voltage test are completely opposite of what the manual calls for. Manual calls for LPS(main) 4.5V FWD WOT, Neutral 2.2V, 0.50 REV WOT app**. Manual calls for LPS(SUB) 4.5V REV WOT, Neutral 2.8V, and 0.5V FWD WOT. Voltage changes linearly. All good on left binnacle lever. Right binnacle lever voltage readings opposite. RT LPS(Main) 0.46 FWD WOT, Neutral 2.78V, 4.50V REV WOT. Right LPS(sub) 4.52V FWD WOT, Neutral 2.14V, REV WOT 0.44V. Voltages check out correctly reading LPS sensor MAIN and SUB at BCM.

What am I missing? If anyone could check out this BCM let me know, it usually takes about 10-15 minutes to set calibrate these things, if everything is good. Currently using the Cojali Jaltest diagnostics. Haven't had a problem with it before. Checked it against Merc and Yamaha, working fine.

One other question, when rigging twin DF300AP's are there suppose to be a black resistor in each of the engine wiring harnesses, the ones closest to the engine sub battery connector? The Starboard harness did not have one in there when I purchased the motors.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
    P.S.

Did you ever figure out the resolution? I have the same issue going on with a pair of DF150's!

Comment

Working...
    X