No announcement yet.

Twins DF175A both running rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking along the same lines moonlighter... some connection (probably around #2 coils?) may have pulled loose, during oil change? For both motors, relating to identical problems?

Likewise, "if" forum is still working?

Comment

I checked all plugs and electrical connections. I also swapped coil packs and spark plugs with another cylinder and nothing changed. The coil pack and spark plug worked when moved to another cylinder. I delivered it to a Suzuki certified mechanic. I'll post the solution, hopefully soon...

Comment

Just wanted to provide an update…this one has Suzuki stumped, not just my local mechanic but Suzuki. They have checked compression, fire, fuel, swapped wiring harness, swapped ECM, and still same failure. Maybe this is premature, but does anyone have any ideas on my options when the motors under warranty aren’t, or can’t be repaired? Given today’s modern outboards and especially Suzuki, I am am, well I don’t know what to think. Hopefully next week Suzuki pulls a rabbit or in this case two rabbits out of the hat.

Comment

Warranty is nearly always repair if possible, if that isnt possible, then replace.

No different than if the engines blew up.

So they have had the regional technical representative involved ?

Comment

Mate I can understand this problem might have you and your local mechanic stumped, for suzuki to say it has got them stumped, did they send the janitor who cleans the toilets to go and have a look at it. The technology for these engines have been out there for forty years, except for the variable valve timing on the intake cam.
            You should be able to establish yourself whether the computer is shutting down spark and injection pulses, or something has happened and effected the compression.

If you can do a compression test yourself and note if the computer is shutting down the injector, the plug will be clean and dry and the other three will be dark in color. I will guide you on what to check and how.

Comment

Yes the regional Suzuki Tech is involved. The latest they tried was to swap out the wiring harness. At this point I am at their mercy waiting for them to get to the next item on the list to swap. I am supposed to hear more next week.

Comment

Working...
              X