Fuel injector cone-shaped mesh filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injector cone-shaped mesh filters

After many years of flawless performance IN Florida's hot climate, my 70 hp 4-stroke may now be experiencing fuel degradation problems gumming up my fuel injectors or the cone-shaped filters that might exist at the tip of the injectors. I always use Techron additive in my gas which has always enabled me to start and run my engine at full speed w/o any problem after months of disuse. I recently have been adding stabile, but have never used Startron for ethanol.

I recently got my engine started, no problem, ran it several times at full speed for five minutes or more but it would then run roughly and then stall, after which it was very difficult to start. My motor is a yr 2000 Model E70PL4SS 70 Hp Evinrude 4-Stroke built by Suzuki. It is suppose to be identical to motors bearing the Suzuki name. In similar situations, my mechanic was able to repair Yamaha 4-stokes by replacing the cone-shaped filters that were at the end of the fuel injectors. His shop had a hard time finding these filters as separate parts but they eventually did (only $3). Does anyone know if Suzuki 70s use these filters and where they could be purchased?

Thanks,
    Riverman47
    Last edited by Riverman47; 06-10-2011, 06:15 PM. Reason: more info
Working...
X