Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF25 Carb Rebuild: Carb Gasket Set Or "Rebuild Kit"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF25 Carb Rebuild: Carb Gasket Set Or "Rebuild Kit"?

2017 DF25 4-stroke triple, S/N 02501F-371225

On my DF25, I'm pretty sure I'm about to do a carb cleaning.

Background info: The motor sat for around 4 years. Since resurrecting it, I've changed fluids, plugs, thermostat, and impeller. Also installed a Tiny Tach to mostly keep track of hours.

I've put around 20 hrs of muff time on it using ethanol-free gas and a heavy dose of Seafoam. It *has* gotten pretty easy to start. With the prop off, it idles around 850-900, and throttles up pretty well. So I took it to the lake. On the water, I had to constantly trigger the choke solenoid just to keep it running. Never was able to advance the throttle. Seafoam will only do so much, I guess.

Could be wrong, but I'm thinking a carb cleaning is my next step.

Which brings me to my question: To do a carb cleaning, will a gasket-only set be sufficient? Or should I invest in a full "carb rebuild" kit? I'm not sure of the exact hours on the motor but I know it's low so I can't see why a full rebuild would be necessary.

2nd question: Is there anything besides a thorough carb cleaning I should look at?

Thoughts & suggestions would sure be appreciated!

It seems this is a repeat of an earlier post by TxAg66...about 9 pages back.

what are you doing, and why?

DF25 carb rebuild: carb gasket set or "rebuild kit"?

TxAg66
    TxAg66
    Member#1 DF25 carb rebuild: carb gasket set or "rebuild kit"?

11-25-2017, 10:26 PM
    2003 DF25 4-stroke triple, S/N 02501F-371225

On my DF25, I'm pretty sure I'm about to do a carb cleaning.

Background info: The motor sat for around 4 years. Since resurrecting it, I've changed fluids, plugs, thermostat, and impeller. Also installed a Tiny Tach to mostly keep track of hours.

I've put around 20 hrs of muff time on it using ethanol-free gas and a heavy dose of Seafoam. It *has* gotten pretty easy to start. With the prop off, it idles around 850-900, and throttles up pretty well. So I took it to the lake. On the water, I had to constantly trigger the choke solenoid just to keep it running. Never was able to advance the throttle. Seafoam will only do so much, I guess.

Could be wrong, but I'm thinking a carb cleaning is my next step.

Which brings me to my question: To do a carb cleaning, will a gasket-only set be sufficient? Or should I invest in a full "carb rebuild" kit? I'm not sure of the exact hours on the motor but I know it's low so I can't see why a full rebuild would be necessary.

2nd question: Is there anything besides a thorough carb cleaning I should look at?

Thoughts & suggestions would sure...
    Last edited by Solarman; 01-14-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Solarman, I have no idea why my post of 11/25/17 was reposted on 1/14/18 by someone using the screen name "Kurama". As far as I'm concerned, all posts in this particular thread can be deleted.
      ---
      John

Comment

He probably copied and pasted the post.

Comment

Thanks TxAg66. I might do that, but was waiting for kurama to explain.
          I was starting to question your participation, but you have actually tried to help some customers with problems.
          I may just leave it for awhile, and will watch for kurama till then.

Comment

Working...
          X