Convert DF25A Tiller to Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert DF25A Tiller to Remote

Hi - I have a 2015 DF25A Tiller that I would like to convert to remote. Any idea what parts I would need and how difficult is it?

Thanks

Does your motor already have the key/start ignition system?

post back when able.

Comment

Hi - no, its just the basic pull start model.

Comment

And just remote control or also electric start?
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

Just remote - don't really need electric start unless it doesn't cost alot more.

Thanks!

Comment

Converting to electric starter is expensive. Just remote clutch and throttle is not too hard

In the catalog you can find the part needed to convert to remote control.

http://www.suzukimarine.com/catalogs...ex.html?page=1

Typically you need a control box, control cables and mounting gear for the engine. Don't know if the engine is already prepared for a remote control?
            Regards, Martin
            DF200 2007

Comment

Hi - i don't believe its already configured - i wish they had a kit -- i don't know where to start lol.

thanks for your help

Comment

After looking at the parts pages on your motor, you might have to buy a number of parts that are different for remote control hookup. What parts exactly? Not sure, not having owned a tiller motor since the 1960's.
                Back then, just buy a remote control and the cables and you connect it up. The parts on the motor were the same, tiller or remote.
                These days they make motors with different connectors/linkages for tiller motors. Even some of the parts pages listed the covers with/without remote control and/or power tilt.
                If determined to have a remote, it might be easier to go by a local dealership and ask "What parts would it take to change to a remote control", then you can ask, "is there a kit?".

Good luck.

Comment

Perhaps pniksnut can chime in and knows what to buy.
                  Regards, Martin
                  DF200 2007

Comment

It would be easier obviously to sell the motor and buy one with remote but I would take a hit on the difference in selling the old one and buying a new one. Also, would have to go thru the break-in again too which stinks lol.

Comment

Just curious: What's the motivation in converting from tiller to remote?
                      --
                      John
                      ---
                      John

Comment

hello Bermuda. you need 67701-94L00 drag link (when you will use tilttube steering ) and 67130-94L00 remote kit ( see picture. ) the last one is quit expesive ( at least in europe) then you need a remote controle box and two cable's. the remote conrole box can be anything as long as it is push to open en fits C2 / C33 cable's and steering parts.

Knipsel kit.JPG
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks - looking at the what is required it will cost ~$1000 in parts not including labor. I can get a new motor for $4070 that would include PTT and electric start so it might be a better option to sell and rebuy.

Comment

thats what i advise my customers .

Comment

9 out of 10 it's definitely the best way. But sometimes you can find these parts and kits second hand or on ebay for a lot less.
                              Regards, Martin
                              DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X