Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! Suzuki DF15 torque specs for crank and rods...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Suzuki DF15 torque specs for crank and rods...............

I'm ready to put my motor back together and cannot find or buy a manual to get the specs I need to put it back. The main ones I need are the connecting rod specs and the crank specs. If anyone has any specs on a df15 or similar, please let me know. The connecting rods are aluminum with no bearings and the crank had your typical split bearings. Getting desperate...........if I can even find a spec for a similar motor construction and hp, I'd take it.

Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but for the life of me, I don't know why people start such projects without the reference material they need to do the job correctly. I don't know where you looked for manuals, but they are eas y to come by. https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...anuals-c74.htm
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Google selffixer dot com for a PDF manual

Comment

You do not sound like a jerk, but you do not know my experience or ability. I was counting on my nephew to get me the specs, as he has been ehicles for about 25 years now. He could not find the specs for free, so I ended up buying a manual for 80 bucks. I was upset that I had to spend that kind of coin to replace a bottom main seal. Parts (gaskets, seals, etc) $50, manual $80. If it wasn't for my neph. I would have just bought the manual a few years ago. I was impressed with the Suzuki build until I split the crank case and saw that there were no thrust plates, and that the crank (steel) was riding on the aluminum case. Planned obsolescence I guess. Also the conn rods have no bushings either, just riding on the aluminum rod material. I thought my 1965 BSA was a crap box, but at least I kept it running for 5 years.

For anyone else in the future that has a DF15 and need real help, I can be found at pmaru77@gmail.com and I will have the book.

Comment

Working...
        X