Suzuki DF250AP Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF250AP Maintenance

Hello Everyone. My DF 250 is going into it's 3rd season this month. Wondering how simple it will be to do the Maintenance Kit Services. I'v previously had a Yamaha 250 four stroke and just wondering how simple a suzuki would be compared to the Yamaha. I would feel better if I have a service manual. Where would I find this manual? My only concern is muting the 100 hr alarm. Can this be done via the gauge or should a tech come in to "plug in" the laptop to my system?

Questions for you all:
    • What oil should I use for main engine? I'm a Lucas Oil freak. Synthetic? Semi? Non Synthetic?
    • Is it relatively simple to service compared to the Yamaha 250?
    • Where can I find the Service Manual?
    Thanks in advance

Still under warranty? If so then I’d use Suzuki marine oil. I can’t compare Yamaha to Suzuki since my only experience with Yamaha is ATV and a dirt bike back in the day. Service manuals you should be able to purchase on this site, see top of page “Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts”. I have a 2009 DF90A and all the maintenance parts that come with the maintenance kit are fairly easy to access. The impeller is a bit of work to get to but nothing too complicated. There is a procedure to reset the oil change reminder, mine is with the kill switch, your owners manual should explain that procedure along with the oil change directions.

Comment

Also there is a stick thread near the top with links to service manual part numbers, you can then use that to find it in the Buy Suzuki Parts section.

Comment

Working...
      X