IAC reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAC reset

I made a new post of my previous reply to "DF140 IAC Valve Error Code 3-1" to see if I could get some help.

Thanks,

So I bought the $59 car IAC from amazon, modified the plug and installed it on my 2002 DF 140 that wouldn't start w/ the throttle in the closed position and was giving a 3-1 code.

I then went through the idle speed adjustment procedure from the service manual. The code cleared and the engine now runs fine. The issue is the 3-1 code keeps coming back intermittently. it comes and goes randomly but the engine cranks and runs fine. I've done the idle speed adjustment 3 times but not sure about the CTP references: The steps are from the service manual.

"4. Check that CTP switch is in ON position."

"7. Open warm-up lever to turn CTP switch off"

How do I check that the CTP is ON?

Is opening the warm-up lever just moving the throttle forward?

Any ideas on how to make the code go away and not come back?

Thanks

Do's the horn sound when you screw the bypass screw out and the revs are over 1000rpm.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Yes it sounds then it stops. When I finish the procedure the flashing light and buzzer are out. Then they come back after several minutes to up to an hour later.

Comment

It should continue to buzz every three seconds for five minutes, or it will cancel when you open the throttle. If it buzzes and then stops it is not staying fixed at 25% duty cycle. Can you get hold of a good multimeter with duty cycle. You are removing the rubber plug and turning the bypass screw in the throttle body.

Comment

I'm removing the plug and turning the idle adjustment screw to adjust the idle. I'll do the reset again and pay more attention to what the buzzer does. The multi-meter I have now won't measure duty cycle so I'll get one that does. Not sure how to measure it though. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Comment

Working...
          X