Can I get a new piston assembly for DF30 PTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a new piston assembly for DF30 PTT

Hi everyone and thank you for the forum.

The shaft on my DF30 PTT is pitted so the motor will still trim up and down but will settle back down quite quickly.

Rather than purchasing a very expensive whole assembly can I purchase the shaft and all necessary seals etc as separate items. Onliine searches only seem to show the whole unit. My other option might be to have the shaft re hardchromed??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

If your shaft is pitted and seals leaking oil out, you could possibly match up seals and repair shaft. But, if motor is also dropping (not staying up), there are probably other problems (related to replacement assy) that the assy could correct? It might be costly, but it sounds like more than seals are damaged.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      If your shaft is pitted and seals leaking oil out, you could possibly match up seals and repair shaft. But, if motor is also dropping (not staying up), there are probably other problems (related to replacement assy) that the assy could correct? It might be costly, but it sounds like more than seals are damaged.

Good luck.
      Thanks Solarman, appreciate your advice and feedback. Always worth a try to find an alternative fix I guess.

Comment

Working...
      X