DF140A computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140A computer

G'day everyone, it looks like I have to change my onboard computer, throttle body and throttle control valve. Any recommendations on the best places to source these? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Out of warranty??

Not a common issue at all. Have you talked to Suzuki Au to ask if they can assist?

Comment

You can buy all the parts from this forum's sponsors Boats.net iff necessary - see in the blue header above where in Red it says "Purchase Suzuki Parts" click on that and select ypur engine model and year.

Hees a link to the page for the ecu:

2011 and Later DF140A Suzuki Marine Outboard PTT SWITCH-ENGINE CONTROL UNIT Diagram and Parts

IAC on this page:

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Su...OLD/parts.html

If youre going to attempt this yourself you will want to get a genuine service manual.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 10-04-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Cheers for the info fellas. Motor not in warranty as it was purchased as a grey import, otherwise it would have been sweet. Basically just chasing prices at this stage as we get bent over backwards here in Oz for pricing. Have the manuals so not too worried about doing the job myself.

Comment

I would tend to agree with Moonlighter - not common parts to go replacing
          maybe try to explain what problems you are looking at and why you think replacing theee parts are going to fix them
          Art

Comment

There was a warranty recall on these ECU's a couple years ago. Along with the throttle body & IAC valve. Problem was the engines would stall when coming down from revs, some, as mine has done, won't fire back up. Initial thoughts were the high pressure fuel pump had packed it in. As I've stated this motor was a grey import, so no warranty. I'm 90% sure of the problem but will wait until I'm positive before spending

Comment

Will the (US?) dealer that it came from not provide any warranty support?? They should handle the ecu and do an exchange for you??

It might be their interest to keep you happy given that theyve sent a motor outside thier designated territory........

Comment

Apparently not mate. If the USA ECU has had the upgrade and is certified for Aust regs including CTic etc I'll get the parts from there. Would be a saving of over a thousand dollars. Is there a contact number to call the parts supplier?

Comment

This is the contact page for the forum Suzuki parts vendor:

Boats.net - Contact Us

I had occasion to message them a while ago and got a response next day.

Comment

Originally posted by mouse01 View Post
                    Apparently not mate. If the USA ECU has had the upgrade and is certified for Aust regs including CTic etc I'll get the parts from there. Would be a saving of over a thousand dollars. Is there a contact number to call the parts supplier?
                    '''''''''' Mate if the ecu has a problem and there is no warranty, take it to an automotive computer repairer, here in vic aust I would take it to logicar I am sure they could repair it, there is not a fraction of the electronic components in these boat computers compared to an automotive computer. What tests did you do to come to the conclusion it was the ecu.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
                      '''''''''' Mate if the ecu has a problem and there is no warranty, take it to an automotive computer repairer, here in vic aust I would take it to logicar I am sure they could repair it, there is not a fraction of the electronic components in these boat computers compared to an automotive computer. What tests did you do to come to the conclusion it was the ecu.
                      We'll be putting it on the laptop next weekend, to be 100%. Quite a few tests were done with the Zuke tech, ATM we're 90% sure of the problem. Like I said, there was a warranty recall on these. Until I'm certain what the exact problem is, then I'll weigh up what direction I'll take. If the ECU needs replacing/repairing, without the updated version I'll still have the same problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X