DF150 2007 cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF150 2007 cutting out

Hello. My first post. I am relatively new to boating, much less marine technical problems. My motor had 70 hours of use when bought earlier this year and the first few times taking the boat out, the motor did great. A couple of weeks ago the motor idled briefly in slip and then cut out. I had to re-start 3 or 4 times and give it some gas before it finally ran and once out, no problems. Last week, no problems. Today, same idle, then cut out problem but this time, I could not get it to run. I primed the bulb, didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

DF 150 cutting out.....

Had same symptoms on new (60hrs/18months old) DF 150....... suddently all warning lamps come on and buzzer, then engine shuts down.
    Will eventuallyrestart, then repeat cut-out. Next day/use runs OK but almost always gives same problem next time I use it !
    Been back to dealer 3 times with no resolution.
    Have stripped fuel system and cut out floor to access fixed tank - all clean and no sign of water or even dust.
    MUST be electronic - had it "fully" serviced by Suzuki agent (but of doubtfull expertise) - asked then to check via Suzuki diagnostic computer (they didn't have one !)
    Is there a reset which should be activated after servicing to tell the engine this has been done or a cut-out for oil filter or water cooling ........ which gives same symptoms ?

Taken back to original supplier now as a last resort - Will Suzuki be bound to take this engine back if they can't fix this ?

Comment

Working...
    X