Can you identify my problem? PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify my problem? PLEASE!

Hello,,,Bought a 84 Grady white tournament edition. It has a 97 Suzuki 225hp 2 stroke EFI engine on it. I just had the lower completely rebuilt. (Had this issue prior to the rebuld)It has a new fuel tank and fuel lines. Boat starts up fine, idles fine. Problem is after about 10 minutes of perfect operation it will loose power. If someone pumps the fuel bulb it will run ok. Bulb collapses after a while and I have to kill the motor. Once I do that and let it sit for a few minutes I can pump the bulb up and it will run fine for a while, then same issue over and over, seems to be more frequent though. You would swear it is vapor lock but it is NOT. I uncapped the tank and nothing changes. I also took the fuel vent line off at the tank, no sucking sounds no change. I had the tank sucked dry and refilled with non ethanol fuel. I put a new fuel water separator on and cleaned the fuel filter, it was not dirty at all. This did not fix the issue. Bulb is new, fuel lines are new. previous owner said he always ran ethanol free fuel I can also hear the fuel pump running for 2 seconds when I turn the key,as it should. ANY IDEA WHAT MY ISSUE IS?? I am ready to pull my hair out! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Fixed it! It was the anti siphon valve! There was some trash in it, but I replaced it any way. Very happy now!!!

Comment

Working...
    X