DF60 will not start getting code 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF60 will not start getting code 24

I was running wide open with my df60 when I heard a beep and the engine just quit. I tried to start it again and I heard a clunk. I tried again and it turned over 3 times and then nothing. My check engine light was flashing a 2-4 for 24 I believe and my battery was dead. I limped it home on my trolling motor and charged up the battery. I tried to clear the codes and start again and same result, except that it turned over 8 times and water came out the tell tale. The battery went down as well. In the book it says it is a CPM sensor. It is weird it was running fine before and then all of sudden quit on me, which makes me think that it something simple. Has this happened to anyone else and what was the cause?

Thanks

still geting code 24

UPdate:
    I hooked up a new battery and it cranked but would not fire. The code is CPM sensor, when it cranked I noticed a spray coming from the back of the engine. It was a leak in the fuel line and would spray when trying to start. I fixed that and then I checked if I was getting spark. I pulled one of the spark plugs and grounded it and it was getting spark but still the engine did not fire. Does anyone else have any ideas? Could it be a clogged fuel filter and that is why it is not getting fuel?
    Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
    X