Fuel issue on DT 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel issue on DT 25

I have a 2006 four stroke 25hp outboard. It would not start one day, I inspected everthing and noticed the fuel line connector at the motor was leaking. I removed the portable tank and fuel line and installed a spare tank (with older fuel, with Sta-Bill) and fuel line. Boat started right up. Took for a short ride at idle speed, then WOT. Turned around to go back to dock, and motor stalled at idle. Limped boat back to dock.

Changed fuel filter, since I thought the old gas can had debris and cloogged the filter.

Replaced original fuel line connector and installed first tank (with the fresh gas), again boat had diffiulty starting, but got it running and was fine on a 20 minute trip at WOT, as soon as I slowed down, the motor stalled. Again limped back to dock.

I reinspected everything and then I noticed a leak on the gas tank fuel line fitting (crack in plastic at tank top). I replaced the fuel tank, new fuel line, new fittings 5 gallons of fresh gas (with Sta-Bil added).

Same problem, trouble with low idle and stalling. WOT the motor runs great sounds awesome. Water pump working fine, new sparkplugs and all fluids were changed. Any suggestions??

Going to replace fuel filter again to see if that helps

THANKS

I recommend throughly cleaning the carburetors.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X