Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear slip

Hi
    I have a 2007 175 4 stroke suzuki. It has a little under 90 hours on the clock and has been well looked after. I took it out last week and it started on the button but when I pulled away it got to about 3000rpm and the prop appeared to start slipping. When I accelerated further it slowly picked up a bit of speed but nothing near what it should be.Going into turns it slipped more as more power was needed. The engine was running fine with no noises. It got up to 6000rpm no bother.

When I spoke with all the powers that be they told me it was the prop bushing, so we ordered a new prop, got it and fitted it. Started it up and guess what, same problem still. Again we asked all the people in the know and they said, it is unusual but it sounds like your new prop is faulty. So we took one of a boat that we know works and still the same problem. We are in Ireland and it is not so easy to get anyone down to where we are to find out what is wrong. Has anyone experienced this before? We are at our witts end and no body seems to be able to shed any light on the problem. We are told the gears either work or they dont and there is no explanation for the problem. Even Suzuki cant help.

Please, please , please anyone out there know what is wrong?
    Last edited by Leroy1; 07-20-2011, 03:22 PM.

What was your wot rpm?
    Do you have a jack plate?
    Need some infos about your boat
    What size is your prop?
    How long is your boat?

What you are saying is engine revs it up to 6000rpm but your prop is not ?
    Last edited by Talklessridemore; 07-21-2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X