DF140 PTT Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 PTT Problem

While lowering the motor I inadvertently got the handle of a ski rope caught in the right side of the pivot point of the PTT. I broke the lever on the Trim Sensor. The motor will only lift to the mid position off the twin lower support pistons, and will not lower at all.

Does anyone know if the broken Trim Sensor could cause this or do I possibly have another problem???

Trim sensor only adjusts the trim gauge, Try releasing the bleed valve and see if it will lift by hand

Comment

DF140 Tilt Problem

If the trim sensor is not the problem, does anyone know what problem jaming the motor while going down would cause???

Comment

cant be sure without a look but a guess would be you may have bent a ram, i presume t ptt motor still spins when you press t switch, if it does there something jamming it, also check t trim rams t 2 small ones, i have seen these get fouled on their slider and it wont allow t engine down.

Comment

Problem Fixed

It appears that if you jam the motor while going down you can expend fluid thru the relief valve. After I added fluid and blead the air from the system workd fine.

Comment

Working...
          X