DF200 Intermittent starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200 Intermittent starting

I am having intermittent power issues starting my 2005 Suzuki DF 200 outboard. Every once in a while when I turn the key it wont start. The key activates the gas pump, etc, but the starter motor will not engage. Could it be the key switch or the neutral safety switch (NSS)? Is there a way to test the NSS and the key switch? All the motor relays have been changed, battery good, main 60 fuse looks okay.

Last year I put this motor on the boat and have had intermittent starting issues on the boat ever since. I wonder if the NSS or key switch went bad somehow during the outboard motor installation.

We got similar issues, but found out that the problem was in the starter itself. One of the circuits (out of 24 or something) was burned. So out of 24 starts one would statistically be dead. We had to manually turn the starter wheel small part of the rotation to get it working again.

Comment

There is a wire back of the starter ,this wire activates starter solenoid.
      Hook this up with test light and turn the key switch to start.
      If u get 12 volt,but nothing is turned , your solenoid is bad or starter
      If u don.t get 12 volt, problem is somewhere between control box to
      This wire.

Comment

Thanks! I fixed it, it was a loos neutral safety switch wire from ignition to the throttle. One of the two black wires were loose

Comment

Working...
        X