DT40 detuned to 35 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT40 detuned to 35 hp

I have a 1982 DT 40, serial number 4001 etc.. Anyway I think they detuned it by replacing the throttle cam. Anyway where can I get a new throttle cam to up the hp.

should be easy to buy the parts, not too sure if it will give you any more HP though.

Comment

Part

So far I haven't found the part. The throttle cam right now only lets the throttle go to about 60%.

Comment

are you sure it only opens to 60%? have a look at the butterflies and make sure they are fully open, if not, buy a genuine manual and adjust them so they are.

Comment

Verified

I verified and the throttle only moves the carburetor 60%. It's got about 40% more travel.

Comment

have you cheked the butterflies IN the carby throats? they must open fully, just because the throttle only moves a set distance, does not always mean it is meant to move further, it is the butterflies that determine how far it needs to move.

Comment

Pic

Hopefully this picture comes out. The part I'm looking for is the white plastic piece that lifts the throttle
              Attached Files

Comment

regardless of how many pictures you show us, or how the throttle works, YOU need to have a look in the carby throats and have someone work the throttle (with motor not running of course) and see if the butterflies open all the way, we still don't know that yet.

Comment

Verified

Finally verified the butterfly position and it's about 75%. I also found out that up in Alaska they detuned the engines for the Kenai by using a throttle limiter.

Comment

Iboats

Still no posts from the Iboats forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X