DF 200 major oil loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 200 major oil loss

I have 1800 hours on this engine. It runs great and has never had a major problem. While cruising the other day at around 4600 rpms, the oil light and buzzer came on, then, all of the lights came on and the engine shut down...noticed oil in the water so we pulled the cowling. Oil was all over the engine. Got towed in and we inspected it later. No blown seals, no cracks, and all the spark plugs we clean as a whistle. It appeared to have lost more than 2 quarts of oil, and it seems that it leaked up through the vent hoses. the engine is not seized.

Any ideas??? any help is greatly appreciated...thank you!!!!!!

UPDATE

The suzuki service center says that there is a hole in the oil filter and they are trying to pin the blame on me!!! They say that someone was not careful with theyre tools.
    I knew right away that they were trying to cover theyre buts by passing the blame onto me. A couple of weeks ago they had changed all my fuel filters and checked my wiring for me. I noticed a ding on the oil filter and also noticed that the sloppy mechanic didn't clip the harness (near the oil filter) back into place...just left it hanging.
    On the day of the breakdown, we didn't see any holes in the filter. So one of two things are happening right now, either we missed the hole, or, they are trying to cover theyre buts for something that they had messed up the last time that they worked on it...
    I will get them to fix this and I will not be charged....I promise to let all of you know the name of this boat yard as soon as my engine is fixed.

Comment

It doess appear that they may be at fault if they were the last ones to work on the engine, a new filter and oil and some cleaning should not cost a lot anyway, even if you go shares in the cost with the dealer, mind you, a pressure oil leak can make a big mess.

Comment

The price came to $292.00 It included testing, refilling with 5 quarts of oil and putting a new filter on...they also tested for a bad voltage gauge in the dash. They would not work with me at all, they only denyed any wrong doing and stated many times that "their guys are professionals"
        I almost laughed when the service manager said that to me because when I purchased the motor brand new in 2005, they rigged it and overfilled the oil by a quart and overpropped it two pitch sizes (and that is on their records too). At least back then, they came to my house, picked up the boat, fixed the problems, and they even apologized....that was then...boy how they have changed over there...

Beware of Ryders Cove Boat Yard in Chatham, MA

Comment

Working...
        X