Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 DT60 Stalls out at full speed

1983 DT60 Suzuki

I am experiencing some problems with my motor. I am not sure what to make of it. I am new to this and hope to not get to distracted from boating but I think that I can get answers here that may lead me int he right direction or at least help me out.

1. I just started to experience this problem, when I get to full trhottle and the boat is out of the water( on top) it seams that the boat just stalls out. If I pump the bulb it will start to go back to full speed. If not I have to throttle down and then start over but again as soon as I get to top speed it stalls out again. Almost like it is starving for gas.

It will do just fine at a slower speed and even just idle. Just as long as I am not at full throttle.

I know that it is not an air lock since I checked this.

Gosh I hope someone can give me some ideas.
    This motor is on a 16ft. Triton flatbottom , Should this motor be enough to get this boat out of the water pretty fast or is the boat to big? It just seems like it wants to churn water trying to get out and on top.

Thanks for all the help

Eric

Sounds like your Fuel pump needs replace. You should also change the primer bulb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

same problem

I am experiencing the same problem on a 1992 90hp, fuel pump,lines and tank are all new. Any other suggestions ?

Comment

Only other suggestions is check the line on the motor to make sure there are no blocks and maybe having venting problems with the carburetors.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X