bog over 3000 rpm's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bog over 3000 rpm's

Hi I am a new member with a 2001 DF115. After storing the boat over winter I tried to go out and the engine ran fine heading out of the creek at 6mph but when i tried to throttle up it would only rev to around 3000 rpms and bog down. Out of the water it would throttle up fine but i did notice a misfire every once in a while at idle. I changed the fuel filter and spark plugs but the problem persists. Any idea's what could be causing this.

Do you have any warning lights flashing also check the neutral switch in not stuck in .

As it sounds like it is in safe mode in safe mode it will not rev over 3000 rpm also it will not rev past 3000 rpm if it thinks that is in neutral . check the wires going to the engine sensors and make sure that they are all connected

Neutral switch is on the starboard side of the motor on engine controls

Comment

you can try running a can of seafoam through it... many guys swear by the stuff... i'm gonna try it in my 20HP and see if it make a difference...

Sea Foam | Motor Treatment

Comment

sounds like that watcha em call it switch that mitch mentioned

Comment

Did you ever find out what ur problem was I also had the same issue with my df250

Comment

Working...
          X