1996 DT150 Temp light and alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 DT150 Temp light and alarm

I am having an issue with motor I just bought. I can run for about 1 mile and the temp light and alarm will go off. I seem to have good water flow. The heads are hot but I can touch them, they don't feel too hot. I ordered a new waterpump, thermostats, and temp sensors. My worry is oil flow. Is there any sure way to know if it is getting enough oil?

oil flow

Hello
    Had the same problem. Picked up a DT55,model VH, it is a 1987. My problem was we were getting a oil flow problem. The oil flow sensor/ sensor was dirty.I changed that, took off the oil tank and cleaned that, and changed all the oil lines. Problem gone. Also changed the water pump and cool water flow sensor just to be safe. I picked up the service manual online at browns point online parts. Good Luck!

Comment

I think I have figured it out. One of my thermostats won't open. I boiled them and only one will open.

Comment

Well, that was easy! Do not know if you have the service manual yet. I would order one. Easy to follow and it saved me alot of time and money. Look up Browns Point Marina and Service . They are a Suzuki online parts dept. Very easy to deal with with fast shipping. They will have your Manual. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X