03 df115-makes seized bearing noises?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 df115-makes seized bearing noises?

I have twin df 115s and now they are both making a siezing bearing noise when 1st started and then occasionaly while underway. It is getting worse every time I run them. 1st it was 1 motor , now both are doing this. I cant tell where the noise comes from on the motor. Has anybody had this issue?

Are they long shaft motors as it maybe the bearing on the prop shaft pull the lower end if it is the long shaft and grease the bearing journal about half way down . But if is the short shaft they do not have this bearing

Comment

I am not sure if there long shafts or not but I am changing the water pumps and will look for the bearing . I will let you know .

Comment

Todd

This dose not sound Good. It is probably the DSB in the mid hsg. Not the PSB. You almost got it right Mitch.

Comment

Over board yep that was my next guess

Comment

Yes they have long shafts with the bushing . No they dont go overboard. I got the 1 out after using a jack between the 2 units , but the 2nd motor I used 2 jacks between the lower unit and the upper housing and they wont come apart.They come apart about 11 inches and stop. They seem to get caught on the shaft splines and the bearing. I greased the shaft real heavy , put it back together and ran it. Now Im gonna try it again this week on that 1.
            Any other ideas besides overboard? Im not as rich as Mitch.

Comment

hell it don,t even know what ob was on about lol

Todd grease is your friend sounds like you had a battle not very attractive at all

Comment

Working...
              X