DT 200 1986 alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 200 1986 alarms

I am new to this forum, but I have a question about my DT 200. Maybe someone else has run into this.

Hooked the battery to my motor and went to start, as soon as I put the power on it, the alarm for the oil and water were going off every six seconds or so, I also had some smoke coming off the power head. I disconnected. Hooked it up again, no alarms and no smoke, but whenever I move the key to the on position, the alarm goes off, both the water and the oil red lights are on. Motor cranks but will not turn over and start. Not sure what to do. I am assuming that the alarms going off means there is no spark to the motor, but I have no idea how to reset. Motor ran fine in October before I put it up for the winter.

I did pull an old radio out of the dash over the winter, is it possible I knocked out an ignition or sender wire inadvertantly.

If you see smoke then may have a wire shorted on engine, check all wiring.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks

Found it last night, I had a bad ground at the helm, fried a ground in the motor

\Thanks

Comment

Whew I bet that was scary. Your lucky the whole boat didn't go up in smoke.

Comment

Working...
        X