No announcement yet.

2008 DF 25 V-Twin Dropping cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I bought a 14 pitch SS prop and haven't put it on just yet. If this is the prop I will be sticking to I would like to sell my 12 pitch SS and 13 pitch AL.

Comment

Alarm coming on still need help or advice.

Update:

I installed the 14 pitch prop and man does it fly. I hit 30-31mph.

PROBLEM NOT FIXED, so I can cruise at WOT and the light still comes on after about 30-45 seconds. The light comes on goes into limp mode and stays on. I have to turn the engine off and restart it to get out of the limp mode. I remember with the overrevving alarm It would go to limp mode and after 3-4 seconds at idle it would return to normal operation.

Is this overheating? I don't have a tach bot don't think it is overrevving with a 14 pitch prop. Could the heat sensor be going bad? It pisses water great but the water coming out of the pisser is not warm at all. is that normal? I replaced the water pump last year and have put about 40-50 hours on. I have run it in shallow water a bit and possibly sucked sand into the water pump. I already dropped the lower unit and looked at the impellor. It does show minor signs of wear.

Please help.

Comment

I went ahead and bought a new cup and water pump kit. I will install it and try it out sometime this week. Anybody have any input on the problem?

Comment

I have the same problem with my DF25, changed all pitches between 11 until 14, only the red alarm light came later, not come without a red light at WOT

is too solve this problem? if yes, how ?? or better can buy a different brand of outboard ???

Comment

Originally posted by Zusuki View Post
            I have the same problem with my DF25, changed all pitches between 11 until 14, only the red alarm light came later, not come without a red light at WOT

is too solve this problem? if yes, how ?? or better can buy a different brand of outboard ???
            You need to know what's really happening.

I suggest you find out what rPM you are getting at full throttle. Maybe get a tacho (see Tiny Tach TT2A Digital Hour Meter Tachometer Adjustable Resettable JOB Timer | eBay) and this will tell you if you are over-revving.

If over-revving is truly the problem, as well as going to a larger pitch, a larger diameter prop will also reduce rpm's.

As a rough rule, every inch of pitch changes rpm by about 200rpm.

Comment

thanks for quick response

DF 25 goes always into alarm before the maxiumum rpm is reached, in all tried props

Comes the alarm and I immediately restart, the engine is alarmfree, so not too hot, max rpm is not reached, what's wrong ? boat did not reach 20 km/h

Boat is empty 1100 lbs/17ft, and its too crude for a Df 25 i think ?

Comment

A 25hp motor on a 17ft boat is a big ask! I think you are simply putting too much load and the prop is losing grip. Maybe the prop hub has let go?

On a boat that big, you wouldnt want anything less than about 60hp, I would think.

Can you post a few pictures of your boat here so we can get a better idea?

Comment

I have now tested my df 25 on my little boat, the problem is the same.
                  My mechanic says modern petrol is a problem with organic additives, I see several problems with outboards through organic additives.
                  This would be?

Comment

Over rev condition

Mine did the same thing. I felt that it was a over rev condition because it only happened when I was alone in the boat, when I had a full load it did not happen as often. I increased my prop size and problem solved. The increased diameter and more pitch also helped my fuel economy. The prop that is sent with the motor is the wrong prop. I have not had it happen again and that was five years ago.

Comment

2012 Suzuki v-twin 25 safe mode

Originally posted by Y-Landing View Post
                      any updates?
                      I have had quite the time with my 25 V-twin as well. The motor is on a wooden skiff that weighs about 400 pounds plus my weight of nearly 200 pounds plus tank and gear. It will start up and purrr, but when I open up the throttle to 3/4 throttle it will go into safe mode, and the light will come on, but once I idle down and shut the motor off, then crank it up again the light will go off. What could be my issue? At first I thought the motor was over revving, but after changing the prop twice (from the factory 10 pitch, to a 13 pitch, then to a 15 pitch prop) I'm still having the issue. The motor seems to run for nearly a minute now at wot (32mph), and be doing just fine, but suddenly it will go into safe mode. I have no tach beings it's a tiller but I do have a speedo on my phone just to see how fast I'm running. Yesterday while running it, the motor was running wot for at least a minute and then went into safe mode when I went into a turn, and the motor has also gone into safe mode at 2/3 throttle without me turning. The turn was not sharp by any means, but it may have caused the oil to slosh to one side and cause the oil level indicator to trigger? I've checked the oil and the dipstick is midway between the full line and low oil line, and to my knowledge that's where it needs to be? Would adding a little more oil possibly help me? The motor is also peeing very strong, and does not seem to be overheating at all. The motor has minimal hours on it, but I'm about fed up with it, and I'm looking for any help before the dealership charges me an arm and leg.

Comment

I would strongly recommend you take the boat/motor to a experienced Suzuki mechanic, one who has the Suzuki SDS diagnostic system and knows how to use it.

The SDS system when connected to the motor, will show what has been happening with those alarms, as they and a heap of other useful info are recorded by the ECU. This will assist the mechanic to diagnose exactly what's been happening. It will also show if there have been any over-rev situations, overheat events, or other codes.

It may be possible that the engine is overheating even though the water stream looks strong. Sounds possible based on what you said.

But seriously, the SDS diagnostic system is invaluable in solving issues like this, rather than guessing or throwing parts at it. Just like your modern car, the electronics on these engines are very clever but they do require some spe******ed equipment and knowledge and the SDS system is one such tool.

You could also invest in a "tiny tach", I hear they are pretty good and easy to install, and quite inexpensive. That will take the guesswork out of what revs you are doing.

Comment

Suzuki df25 warning light!

Hi everyone, I have a 2007 df25

The motor starts every time, but after 30 seconds the warning light comes on iv taken it to two different Suzuki dealers and they can’t find a solution. Even Suzuki’s Australia can’t help. Does anyone out there have any ideas??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                            A 25hp motor on a 17ft boat is a big ask! I think you are simply putting too much load and the prop is losing grip. Maybe the prop hub has let go?

On a boat that big, you wouldnt want anything less than about 60hp, I would think.

Can you post a few pictures of your boat here so we can get a better idea?

Did u find a solution after mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattbool View Post
                              Hi everyone, I have a 2007 df25

The motor starts every time, but after 30 seconds the warning light comes on iv taken it to two different Suzuki dealers and they can’t find a solution. Even Suzuki’s Australia can’t help. Does anyone out there have any ideas??

Thanks
                              Which warning light? Is it staying on or flashing? Are you getting any error codes, alarms? If so what is the sequence? Describe the circumstances under which the alarm goes off - is the engine just idling or at speed? Hot or cold?

Is the fuel good and fresh?? It needs to be!!

What happens when the alarm goes off? Does the engine still run OK or ....??

It really helps to give a full description of what is happening, when it happens, and, also importantly, what have you done so far to try to fix it. So the kinds of questions I asked above are the sorts of things you should give details of.

We dont have the benefit of being able to see or hear it so we rely on you to give details, otherwise people are just shooting in the dark.

Also, where in Aus are you located? May be able to point you to a good Suzuki mechanic.

Comment

Working...
                              X