Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 Intermittent CMP-sensor alarm

Hello,

After a long period of not using my boat I got a 2-4 Check Engine (CMP-sensor) when restarting the egine after let say 30 min of running and 30 min of cooldown.

I got it 3 times in a row turning the engine on and off. Then after a while I stopped getting the check engine light on my way back to shore. After that I changed oil thinking it may clogged the sensor or something and haven't had the alarm the last couple of hours running the motor.

Anyone got any idea what happened?

Regards
    John

be very hard to trobleshoot now that it is working OK, only hope is maybe a very good dealer than will run the diagnostics and maybe find something that WAS causing it, very much doubt changing the oil fixed anything. Is the fuel fresh and the filters good/new?

Comment

Thank you for the answer.

I went to the dealer but he didn't seem to know what CMP-sensor was. The fuel is old but fuel filters seems good but not new. However I can't see how the camshaft position sensor is affected by that. Please enlighten me if it is. My current guess is an oxidized electrical connection caused it either in the sensor itself or externally.

Comment

Working...
      X