suzuki 115 four stroke rpm issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki 115 four stroke rpm issue

I have a pair of 115 Suzuki 4s on a 23 Seacat and here's the problem. My starboard motor will come up along with my port and after a limited time will drop 3-400 rpm and them pick back up. It does this intermittently as long as I am over 3000 rpms It does not happen below 2800 rpms and runs just fine at low and idle speed.

I have replaced the fuel/water separator and made sure the bulb has pressure. the plugs were changed at the first of the season and I have sta-bil in the tanks. this just started happening and I need some direction. thanks Sean

Did you change the filter in the engine?

Comment

not yet, when I squeezed the bulb the filter on the side of the motor seemed to flow freely. i also tried squeezing the bulb while the motor was running at 4k to force fuel through the filter and it still did the same thing. Does changing the filter make that much of a difference even if the fuel seems to be passing through the filter? also, the yamahas have fuel screens, is there a set of screens in the suzukis as well?

Comment

if it was the filter, wouldn't it bog down permanently?

Comment

clean your vst little filter on bottom of high pressure fuel pump 8a

2005 DF115 Suzuki Marine Outboard FUEL VAPOR SEPARATOR Diagram and Parts

Comment

Thanks Mitch! Did you have the same problem? Ran the motor again yesterday with a new fuel filter and same problem.. I will try this next. Does anyone have a service manual for this motor. the docs that came with the boat are not the best. S

Comment

Mitch, is there a manual with a set of instructions for this procedure? Can you point me in the right direction here?? thx S

Comment

you have a pm that will explain it

Comment

Mitch. I sent you an email reply on the email request. thanks in advance for the help. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X