Suzuki dt 25 1998 info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki dt 25 1998 info please

Hi, having just bought this motor I would appreciate as much info/tips as possible. My previous motors have all been Johnson.s and this is the first motor I have owned with oil injection, I am particularly interested in starting proceedures and especially so regarding filling and using the injection system, is it simply a case of just adding oil to the tank or does it need to be primed in any way ??, Since i dont know for sure that the oil system is working as it should I was thinking that perhaps i should initially test the motor with a premix, and would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions on that.
    The motor is set up for remotes and though i dont have the suzuki control box i intend to use my existing morse controls, and dont anticipate any problem with that but would need to identify the kill switch wires and also the charging wire for the battery.
    The motor is to be used to power my 18 foot microplus which currently has a 40hp johnson , though i am not expecting the same performance speed wise I am downgrading the engine size for economy and wonder if anyone uses a similar setup and what their fuel consumption is.
    Also looking to buy an owners manual when i can find one so if you have one for sale please let me know,,safe and happy boating to you all,, regards Ralph

Can't say that I have seen a 25 with oil injection (but that does not mean it is not so) the oil system in general is pretty simple, just add oil to the oil tank, starting is the same as any other motor, whether it has oil injection or not makes no difference. Buy a service manaul for sure, try to get a genuine manual if you can find one.

Comment

Working...
    X