New suzuki df 2.5 has a broken camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New suzuki df 2.5 has a broken camshaft

I just bought a new 2.5 hp and took it out one time and it ran fine. I brought it home and flushed it out then put it in the garage with no problems. a week later it wont even start so I take it to the shop and they say it has a broken cam shaft. Anyone know what could cause something like this and how long it will take a suzuki repair shop to fix it under warranty?

Not common in almost any motor, I guess it may have been faulty somehow from new, but pretty rare, I guess there is always the remote posibility that it jammed somehow and just broke the cam shaft.

Comment

So should suzuki replace the whole motor or just fix the camshaft. I have a feeling this is gonna be the first of many problems with this motor. The repair shop is already dragging their feet about it. Theyve had it for several days and they say they are waiting on suzuki to call back.

Comment

Oil change Frequency

Hi Is it necessary to change the oil in my 4-stroke every 6 months even though I do not put 100 hours on it ? My boat does run often and is garage kept ! Thanks

Comment

il change frequency 115 suzuki 4 stroke

Forgot to mention about question concerning oil changes past 6 months when I do not run it 100 hrs ! Its a 115

Comment

hey boat3310, far better to start your own thread rather than just grab onto someone else's, that way we can keep a record of titles and how things got fixed! jet2233, I guess it will be up to the dealer and Suzuki as to how the repair is completed, maybe they will just replace the whole thing if it is almost new.

Comment

Thanks alot noelm007. Ye boat3310 go highjack someones elses thread I got a real problem here and youre taking about your meaningless crap. I hope they do something soon the dealership act like they dont even care if it gets fixed. Its advance marine in Jacksonville and they are the only suzuki dealership I can find here. They keep telling me they are waiting to hear back from suzuki but it dont take this long for a rep to call back.
              Last edited by jet2233; 08-29-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I would think that if the dealer was "on your side" then they would be pushing for a quick resolution, and that would be, a simple motor swap for a new one, now maybe a small HP motor is not a big deal to them, but you are a customer, regardless of what you have, and customers are what make a business money, keep at them, but don't get nasty, just make sure they are doing something for you.

Comment

Ye I hope they get in gear I just got a new sail boat and had to wait forever to get it. Now I dont have the motor. The shop I took it to isnt the place I bought it and they act like they dont give a damn. I read on one website a guy had to wait over 5 months to get suzuki to ship a new camshaft to the place to fix it.

Comment

I can't understand having to wait that long for parts for any new motor, can you contact Suzuki and see if they are at least aware of your claim and concerns?

Comment

I Really Appologize Jet

Originally posted by jet2233 View Post
                      Thanks alot noelm007. Ye boat3310 go highjack someones elses thread I got a real problem here and youre taking about your meaningless crap. I hope they do something soon the dealership act like they dont even care if it gets fixed. Its advance marine in Jacksonville and they are the only suzuki dealership I can find here. They keep telling me they are waiting to hear back from suzuki but it dont take this long for a rep to call back.
                      Im new to this this computer messaging and do appologize, you have an attitude jet GO TO HELL1111111111111111111111111

Comment

nah, don't be offended, it happens all the time, but if you start a new post, then people can search by titles and so on to look for help on problems similar to you (get what I mean) sometimes things that are typed do not get the true message across and should not be taken as an insult or mean any harm.

Comment

boat3310 is a prick and sounds like hes too stupid to even have a boat. Im new on here too and i didnt highjack someone elses thread to ask a question any idiot should already know. Well Advance marine called this morning and said suzuki is gonna replace the motor so thats good. He says it may take a week or 2 to get the motor from them though. I asked them if they could just give me one of their motors and he said they dont have a brand new 2.5.

Comment

Jet Im sorry

You really have a dirty mouth I guess your kind doesnt even have respect for yourself

Comment

time for a hug guys, just let it slide, good news about the motor, I kind of suspected that would be the outcome, a big problem for the whole industry is the dealer network (for any brand) if the local guy to you is useless, the brand gets labeled that way too, most manufacturers are very understanding to faults and customers satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
                              X