2005 DF 115 Water exhaust port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF 115 Water exhaust port

I have dual 115's and while throttling up with about 6 people onboard both motors died. I got them restarted and found a breached filter canister on the FWS on the port motor. I'm afraid the sudden load on the starboard motor caused something to crack. After the incident I noticed water spraying from the stbd motor exhaust port next to the pisser and a weaker water stream than the port motor. I changed the impellers on both motors and the stbd is still weak. I also noticed that when I hook up to the flush port the stream is still weaker. In addition to the intermittent water spray coming from the exhaust port I have excessive bubbling from the prop exhaust simultaneously with the water spray. Almost like I blew a plug or cracked a housing. The water spray is semi understandable as both of my DF 115's steam out of that port after sustained WOT. The motor runs to high idle and I've had no overheat alarms. I did a single motor load check and both motors perform equally. Any Ideas?

One motor should not in anyway effect the other motor. I recommend taking to an authorized Suzuki dealer.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X