2011 DF90A Low Oil Pressure Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 DF90A Low Oil Pressure Warning

I have a DF90A that has 6 hours on it. The oil pressure warning flashes and the Garmin guages display a low oil pressure warning message. This happens around 4500 revs and usually when backing down from a quick spurt to 4800 during break in process. The dealer has changed the oil pressure switch but the same problem exists. No one here from Suzuki in Ausssie seems to have an answer. I am boatless while all this is happening. Anyone out the have similar problems with their motor? Any suggestions as to the cause of the problem? I fear it might be a partial blockage / restriction in an oil gallery. The boat runs fine up to 4300 revs. thanks in anticipation.

I take it from your forum name that you are in the NT?

If your local dealer can't help, the Zuke guru here in Qld is Jon Eadie, he has sorted out more problems for other dealers than anyone else. Maybe give him a call and ask his advice - number is 0407738731.

Cheers

ML

Comment

Thanks for that Moonlighter. Yes I am in Darwin. Suzuki are sending up a new oil pump and pressure relief valve this weekend. The dealer will fit that on monday so fingers crossed. The dealer forgot to ring me yesterday to tell me. If the problem exists I'll speak to your contact but my dealer will push for a replacement motor if the oil pump / relief valve do not work. My mate just put the same engine on his boat this week so we will see if he gets a problem once he has a few hours on it. Nice motor, big headache !! cheers

Coincidently, two of my previous boats were named Moonlighter.

Comment

I have 2010 DF90A

No problems and 1 season in the books. Just under 100 hours on her.
        Only problem I had was the dealer put the wrong size prop on 2 times....

It's a great, great Motor - once they have it all straightened out you will love it.

pd
        -----------------------------------
        pd

2010 DF90A

Comment

I can assure you, it is an isolated fault, never heard of that one before, not too sure how you will go getting a new motor, but you never know, they are a fairly simple motor so I reckon almost any dealer should be able to sort it out for you, seems to be quite a few Aussies starting to lurk here.

Comment

Working...
          X