No announcement yet.

An others with engine holder corrosion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An others with engine holder corrosion?

I am curious how many people have had issues with their engine holder anc corrosion. I think it is more prevalent on salt water service (even using aluminum anodes).
    I was getting water in my oil at 300 hours (07 DF140) and took it to my dealer, as I had extended waranty. Well, Suzuki told my dealer to look at the oil cooler, not that. They have pulled the power head and I have not heard back. Engorena (sp), on this site, has had the same issues and his was corrosion problems. My problems started when I changed the impeller. Owwie.
    Very disappointing. If it is corrosion Suzuki does not warrant. The issue is the anodes are so high on the engine and not close to the engine holder to do give that area protection, plus the hot exhaust gases adding to corrosion issue.
    I might be cutting my loses and buying a Yamaha or Honda. Suzuki has ee eee me. Have any others experienced loses from corrosion at the engine holder?

My bad it was not corrosion

Well, I went to the dealer to day and looked at the issue with the water getting into the oil. It was my head gasket. Fortunately I didn't run this thing to failure and it looks like they are trying to get warranty to replace the entire power head. The engine never misfired or acted poorly, just saw issues with emulsified oil on one trip and changed then subsequent trip noticed steam in exhaust.
    At least it wasn't the corrosion issue, which is not warranted.
    Looking inside the engine holder with the power head off, looked good. The area where the exhaust gases pass by the steel plug looks pretty good, no real signs of erosion for now, thank goodness.
    Still pretty disappointed how this could happen on such a new engine.

Comment

Working...
    X