DF70 quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70 quit

My 2004 df70 faultered then died when I trimmed the motor down.It had been running great & starting great.Fishing offshore,I started motor to return home.Motor was trimmed up a little for the trip down so I hit trim switch down & lost power. I had power to everything on the boat except the starter & trim motor. Came home on the kicker. At home I started hunting for loose wires & found none. Wiggled ecm & tilt came back.Tried to start,heard a click,no start & no trim again.Wiggled ecm again & everything Ok.That was in august & no more problems. Using the boat I now notice console voltage always reads 15.5 volts with motor running & it never varies.Batteries test full charge. Concerned about constant high charge rate damaging batts. Also concerned about the original no power problem.Dont know why it quit & why it fixed itself.Im sure it will be back again. Suggestions please. Newby Vern

did you clean and check the electrical plugs and put some grease on them? if not they are probably corroded and you could be looking at some $ if the ECM got corroded and that is what i suspect happened to you before and even worse now from neglect.

never just wiggle till it works and ignore it, you have to clean up and fix bad connections when they happen

dont trust the volt meter on the console, it may have gone bad so hook a volt meter to it and see if its really reading correctly and do yourself a big favor by cleaning and checking EVERY electrical plug and connetion you have on the motor as well as under the console.
    Last edited by keakar; 12-27-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X