DF175 Warning buzzer inaudible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF175 Warning buzzer inaudible

My high frequency hearing is nonexistent and the warning buzzer (which comes on for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on and comes on to warn of problems should they occur) operates at a frequency range above the point where I go deaf. I've been told that the buzzer does indeed go on for a few seconds so apparently the problem is me, not the buzzer. My question concerns whether there's a warning buzzer available that operates at a lower frequency range (below 4khz). I would like to be warned when needed but need to be able to hear the buzzer. Thanks.

I hear ya, man......no pun intended. Lost all my hi freq hearing piloting choppers in 'Nam in the late 60s. This site caught my eye, Electrical Acc. but I haven't tried any solution yet myself. Most of my loss is 4000-8000 Hz. The buzzer on my boat is a small piezo bundled with the ignition wires right behind the switch. There seems to be lots if choices to try when I Googled "12 volt low pitch buzzer." Good luck to you.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

maybe a light would be better for you, it would work in conjunction with your existing "beeper"

Comment

I'm assuming everyone already has lights. The buzzer is to alert one to the presence of one of the lights.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Mike,
          Thanks. Will give that a try. fishingprof.

Comment

Working...
          X