New Guy has question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy has question

This is amazing. A Forum for Susuki owners. Outstanding.

I have a dumb question.

My water pump discharge tube fitting (pee tube ) keeps getting plugged up on my 90. I run a lot in very shallow water and pick up all kinds of silt and foreign matter. Why is the diameter of the tube fitting where the water discharges so dang small? Can I open it up and make it bigger, or simply disconnect it and run straight from the hose? I'm pretty sure that this has been asked before, but hey, I'm a newbie here.

Thanks

you can do a lot to it, i have drilled the hole a little bigger, i have removed it and just stuck the hose hanging out, i have replaced the plastic with a brass fitting.

but in the end the overlooked thing was it is made to be that way so it has a solid stream that comes out far enough to be seen easily and the distance of the stream can indicate the waterpump condition, as the pump wears down you get more droop in the stream especially at idle.

so again, yes you can do anything you want to it except block it off but it will effect the "tattle" part of the tattle tail stream

also if you are running that much junk through your water intakes then change your water pump twice as often as normal

Comment

Working...
    X