1999 DF70 beep problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DF70 beep problem

Hi folks, is there anyone that might of had this problem with the warrning buzzer, I have a beep every seven seconds while the engine is running, the engine seems to run fine, oil pressure is good and indicates proper level on dipstick. There are no lights flashing on tachometer, everything seems normal except for that annoying beep every 7 seconds.

Is there something I am missing? I have looked over the Seloc manual and there is nothting related to this beep. I have tried to reset the computer by turning on the key and pulling landyard 3 time within seven seconds like the book indicates but still nothing. Can anyone on this forum Help!

only the suzuki service manual will give you the beep codes but AFAIK they are all combined with the tach warning lights

i am not aware of just 1 single beep means but 1 beep followed by another 1 beep 2 or 3 seconds after is a bad rectifier

Comment

Yeah Keaker, its just on beep every seven seconds while the engine is running. I have looked under the console where all the wires are connected and I cant see any real problems other then a small amount of oxidation on some of the wires. I did clean them off and reconnect them. I do have a manual (Seloc) but nothing on that one beep.

The engine sensors and connecters have also been checked visually and some with a meter (DOVM) and there is nothing obvious out of specs, according to Seloc.

All most forgot, but what do you mean by AFAIK and that they are all combined?
      Last edited by Vee-rod; 01-20-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Did you try resetting by pulling the kill switch out three times, like you do to turn off the service reminder?

Comment

well im told things like break-in service period warnings or a low battery can cause a beep warning but i dont remember what the number of beeps mine had for service

AFAIK = as far as i know

seloc and climers manuals are generic writers not as detailed specific to that brand so there is a lot (especially about beep codes) that arent in them.

read thru section 3 here: Manual Serviço DF40-50
          its for the 40-50 but the info should be the same and i didnt see it there but somewhere they might have your manual you can download
          Last edited by keakar; 01-21-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I already tryed clearing beep/codes by pulling lanyard with key on within seven seconds but nothing happens beep still continues.

Manuals for download are hard to find, I have looked at alot of sites and they just want to sell you the Suzuki service manual. Problem is that I might spend 60 or 70 $ and I may not find what I am looking for.

Tryed looking at Manual Servico and my computer just locks up. Weard!
            Last edited by Vee-rod; 01-21-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

its downloading, the manuial is 500 pages so it takes a minute or two (maybe longer on a slow computer) but let it do its thing

the 40-50 manual will be pretty close to the 60-70 manual so any differences you can adjust to so if you cant find the 60-70 manual as a last resort you could buy the 40-50 download to get the key info not found in other manuals with the understanding your motor might have slight differences

Comment

Ok Keakar, I think you are right on target bout a slow computer. For a while I was worried. I will let it down load and Ill get back to you with maybe some good results.

At this point nobody has ever had this exact problem. Ill definitely post it if there is a fix, I would think that someone out there has had this problem. Well Ill start downloading. Thanks!!!
                Last edited by Vee-rod; 01-22-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Well the fix for the single beep every seven seconds turned out to be the ECM.
                  I replacing the old one with a used ECM and the motor performed as it should ran wanderfull.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Comment

Working...
                  X