DT140 struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT140 struggling

I broke the forward reverse linkage on my 1999 dt140 I had enough rod to thread it and reconnect it but it seems that it has been running poorly since that event. Even though it shifts easily into for/rev could this modification have messed up the throttle sensor or possibly something else to have created a problem? Hard starts runs very poorly smokes a lot. Help would be appriciated.

Nothing with the shifting should effect the operation of this motor. Check for spark on all cylinders, inspect spark plugs. Would not hurt to complete a compression test.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

struggling

Should I have spark on all cyl at an idle or do 2 holes drop out at low rpm?

Comment

you should never loose spark to any cylinder when its runing, only gas is manipulated to control speed, spark never should be lost

Comment

haines530br, it would help if you would start a new thread with your unrelated question, instead of hijacking this one. And when you do, try a little punctuation, so your question is more understandable.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

sorry mike new in this forum sites

Comment

haines, to unhijack the thread just use the "edit" button to delete your posts here then create your own thread on the main page, you will get always get lots of help from the good people here

Comment

Working...
              X