DT25c 1991 model sensor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT25c 1991 model sensor problems

I am having sensor problems. Red light is on. Motor will only run at slow RPM's. Replaced water temp sensor, worked great for 1 day, cleaned oil flow senor (it was gummed up) took out thermostate one bolt was broken and I didn't know it. I'll get to that in a moment. Started motor, it was peeing good, red light was off,everything seemed OK. Turned motor off, started again. Red light back on, no water coming out of pee hole, no water coming out of above water exhaust?? Do you think I need a new impeller?
    Back to the broken bolt. Tried drilling out the bolt. Got a nice deep hole in the bolt, used an easy-out to back the broken bolt out. The easy out broke in the bolt. Any suggestions? I don't want to buy a new cylinder head cover.

probably does need new water pump, if you are running it on flusher then put it in water and try it, may not be getting enough water from flusher.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

water pump

How can a water pump or impeller go out that fast? Works find, turn motor off turn motor on it doesn't work. Unless something broke when I turned it off. Very strange. I did not have it hooked to the flush attachment. I had the suction cup deal on the water intake on the lower unit and the hose trun on full. A note about the broken bolt that holds the thermostate cover in place. A welding shop can weld a nut on the broken bolt and back it right out. Easy as pie.

Comment

Fixed part of it

My error, again, the hose adapter wasn't put on straight. I straigthen it out and the red light went out. This of course is after I put in impeller, thermostat, water temperature sensor and cleaned oil flow sensor. However the motor is still runing in safety mode. It starts up fine, all 3 cylinder are working. Before it gets through the 15 second high idle mode the rpm's drop down and it goed into the safety mode. If I play with the choke, pull it all the way out, push it about half way in slowly it runs on all 3 for a moment then drops to safety mode or maybe it's dropping a cylinder do to dirty carbs. If I play with the choke it runns good for a while then boggs down again. I am a novice at this but I have been reading about taking the carbs off (3) and doing a good cleaning. The last time I had carbs professionally cleaned it cost $116. per carb. I haven't checked the fuel pump yet cause it's the hardest part to get to. I checked the fuel filter and it was fine. Any suggestions would be appreaciated.

Frustrated. TTP

Comment

Suzuki 25hp 2 stroke, still got problems

I took it to a repair shop (3 trips) cleaned carbs, didn't help, put on new head gasket, now it runs but still have problems. At cold start, idel speed will not slow down after 10 seconds, I think this is electrical, it idles ruff, maybe a bad wire. I'll do more research, if no success, back to the repair shop.

Comment

Working...
          X