02 DT150 Electrical Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 DT150 Electrical Issues?

My 2002 DT 150 recently started acting up. It sometimes dies when I'm idling. At higher rpms it will cut out but then keep running. kinda like it misses a beat. I've replaced the plugs and last year the stator coil to correct a starting issue. Rebuilt the carbs and gas is good. When it dies at idle it will start right back up no hesitation. I'm leaning torwards electrical but I'm no mechanic. Any suggestions? Thanks.

sounds like the ECM (electronic control module) big $$$

its the black box where all the wires connect into and its functions like an ignition module

Comment

Unfortunatly that's what I was thinking. Any way to test this? Should an authorized Suzuki dealer be able to test this? Thanks.

Comment

Well $700 later and no change. I replace the ECU and same thing. I've also replaced the rectifier, rectifier and regulator. gear counter coil, crank position sensor, plugs, throttle position sensor. I'm running out of things to replace. If a battery cable were arcing off somewhere would that make the motor act up. I'm at my wits end and out of $$$.

Comment

02 Dt150 should be fuel injected and need to test fuel pressure, could have plugged fuel injectors. Needs to be diagnosed to see if is an ignition or a fuel problem.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I have a similar problem. Did u ever find out what the problem was?

Comment

Working...
            X